1. Download Mac4Lin from sourceforge.net site,
2. Create these directories before running the install.sh file: ~/.themes, ~/.icons, /usr/share/gdm, /usr/share/gdm/themes/, /etc/gdm
3. create /etc/gdm/gdm.conf as sudo.
4. extract the zip file, and run the Mac4Lin_Install_v1.0.sh from terminal.
5. Restart the machine. (I guess logout might work, but restart is better).
6. Copy the icon folder in the installer archive to /usr/share/icons.
7. Install dconf-editor from apt-get. Run dconf-editor.
8. Go to org > gnome > desktop > interface > icon-theme. Give the icon folder name here. Press enter. Icon theme will be changed.
1. Ubuntu 11.10 has MySQL 5.1 version present in the repository. So update the PPA source with this – ppa:nathan-renniewaldock/ppa
2. From terminal run the update
> sudo apt-get update
3. Then install mysql 5 from terminal. MySQL 5.5 will be installed.
> sudo apt-get install mysql-server
4. To check the version, open mysql command prompt. The installed version will be shown.
1. Install JDK first
2. Download Tomcat 7 core tar.gz from tomcat.apache.org and extract it.
> tar xvzf apache-tomcat-7.0.25.tar.gz
3. Move the extracted folder to required directory, for ex. I have moved to /var/local
> sudo mv ./apache-tomcat-7.0.25 /var/local/
4. Now go into bin directory and run startup.sh to start server.
> cd /var/local/apache-tomcat-7.0.25/bin
5. To check the server, access http://localhost:8080/
6. Tomcat Manager is present in http://localhost:8080/manager/
7. To open manager, following is to be added to /var/local/apache-tomcat-7.0.25/conf/tomcat-users.xml and restarted.
8. Restart the server
Now Tomcat 7 is ready to be used.
1. Download JDK 7 SE Linux version from Oracle website
2. Uncompress the downloaded .tar.gz file with this command
> tar -xvf jdk-7u2-linux-i586.tar.gz (32bit)
3. Move the jdk to /usr/lib/jvm with this command
> sudo mv ./jdk1.7.0_02 /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0
4. Run the following command. This will enable the java, javac javaws commands available in terminal. (or may be some other impact)
>sudo update-alternatives --install "/usr/bin/java" "java" "/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0/bin/java" 1
>sudo update-alternatives --install "/usr/bin/javac" "javac" "/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0/bin/javac" 1
>sudo update-alternatives --install "/usr/bin/javaws" "javaws" "/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0/bin/javaws" 1
5. Then run these commands.
> sudo update-alternatives --config java
> sudo update-alternatives --config javac
> sudo update-alternatives --config javaws
6. Now JDK 7 is installed. To text, check the java version. 1.7.0_02 will be displayed.
> java -version
1. To get the woobly windows effect, like Gnome 2x, install CompizConfigSettingsManager from Ubuntu Software Center. From Dashboard, open up the manager and select the woobly windows option. Restart if necessary
2. If sudo gedit throws this error - (gedit:2328): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to set the permissions of `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: No such file or directory
, create this directory - sudo mkdir /root/.local/share. (Step by step - sudo mkdir /root/.local, sudo mkdir /root/.local/share)
There once was a farmer who discovered that he had lost his watch in the
barn. It was no ordinary watch because it had sentimental value for him.
After searching high and low among the hay for a long while; he gave up and
enlisted the help of a group of children playing outside the barn.
He promised them that the person who found it would be rewarded.
Hearing this, the children hurried inside the barn, went through and around
the entire stack of hay but still could not find the watch. Just when the
farmer was about to give up looking for his watch, a little boy went up to
him and asked to be given another chance.
The farmer looked at him and thought, "Why not? After all, this kid looks
So the farmer sent the little boy back in the barn. After a while the little
boy came out with the watch in his hand! The farmer was both happy and
surprised and so he asked the boy how he succeeded where the rest had
The boy replied, "I did nothing but sit on the ground and listen. In the
silence, I heard the ticking of the watch and just looked for it in that
Moral: A peaceful mind can think better than a worked up mind.
Allow a few minutes of silence to your mind every day, and see, how sharply
it helps you to set your life the way you expect it to be...!
౧. ప్రేమతో మాట్లాడు
౨. ఆలోచించి మాట్లాడు
౩. అర్థం చేసుకుని మాట్లాడు
౪. మంచి మాటలు మాట్లాడు
౫. తెలివిగా మాట్లాడు
౬. నవ్వుతూ మాట్లాడు
౭. పూర్తిగా విన్నతర్వాత మాట్లాడు
౮. మనసువిప్పి మాట్లాడు
౯ . ఉన్నది ఉన్నట్టు మాట్లాడు
౧౦. మనసు నొప్పించకుండా మాట్లాడు
౧౧. తక్కువ మాట్లాడు
౧౨. మాట్లాడకుండా ఉండడం నేర్చుకో
• It is my personal site. Content included here is according to my wish. If you don't like my site, close it and go away.
• 'Mind Views' and 'My Observations' are purely opinions of mine and not others. If something in this site hurts you, control
mind and send me a mail. We will discuss. If you go to court of law, it's your wish. Every citizen has a right to express, so do I.
• Some content in this site might not be appropriate for some audience, whose opinions differ with me. So don't try to argue with me.
• Important: Don't try to judge me just by glancing this website. I am different outside.
• This is a time-pass site. Reading it in a hurry will be useless.
I deserve the copyright of content in this website for 2013 viewed on 1024x768 monitors.